Monday, December 7, 2009

Tasty and Healthy Neighbor Gift

Sorry I have not updated this blog in FOREVER!!  I was released a while back from my Provident Living calling a while back and have been wondering what to do with this blog ever since.  I would love to keep it going…there is so much to share…but at times I feel like it has run its course.  We will see. 

But…I had to post about this!  I hosted a Holiday Gift Show in my home this last week and my aunt brought these great little neighbor gifts to sell.  They are easy and inexpensive to make and HEALTHY!!  What a change from the loads of candy and treats we fill up on this time of year (not that I mind it :)!!)…Whole Wheat Pancake Mix!

IMG_3846

One side of the label had the directions…

IMG_3848

The other side…a nice little greeting.

IMG_3849

So simple!

Whole Wheat Pancakes

8 cups whole wheat flour

2 1/2 cups powdered milk

1/2 cup sugar

4 teaspoons salt

5 tablespoons baking powder

Mix all ingredients and store in airtight container.  Keep in refrigerator or freezer.

To use mix:

1 1/2 cup mix

1 egg

3/4 cup water

2 tablespoons oil

Beat egg, water and oil until light and fluffy.  Then add mix.  Cook until golden brown.

(double or triple the mix for a great gift!!)

No comments: