Saturday, February 6, 2010

A note to Stacy…

Stacy, I don`t know you… yet…but you left me a wonderful comment a few days ago and it made my day!  For the past 6 months or so I have gone back and forth on whether or not to continue this blog.  It can be a lot of work and at times I wonder if anyone even looks at it.  But you know, it is worth it if only one person benefits from it…so I have decided to continue it…at least until I have completely run out of ideas.

I think there are a good number of great food storage blogs out there, so rather than putting my hand back in that pot, I have decided to focus this blog on my personal quest to live more providently.  I suspect it will still have a lot of stuff on home storage, but it will also have sewing projects (my new mission in life!), cooking from scratch, stuff like that.

I won`t post everyday like I once did…I am not one of those amazing moms that can juggle a house full of kids, get dinner on the table, keep the house clean and still have any sanity left to blog, but I hope there will be some regularity.

So Stacy, thanks again for your kind words and taking the time to write!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

YAY!!! I'm glad this blog is going to continue! I know it's a lot of work...but the information is seriously so valuable, and I am always going back and researching things that you've posted about. I want to live providently, too! And I need help with all of those things! I really want to learn to sew...and I am closer every day to getting my sewing machine out of its box! Anyway, thanks for being willing to keep this up...you are awesome! Love ya!

Stacy said...

Hi, Jac!
That was nice of you to respond. It is the honest to goodness truth that my computer crashed and had to be wiped clean (thanks to my teenager and Limewire)and I couldn't for the life of me remember your blog name- I spent HOURS trying to find it!! I was looking up every recipe and craft I could remember and even tried to google a description of your blog because I remembered the colors and birds! If that is not proof enough that you have loyal and interested viewers, I don't know what is!
At any rate, I was also happy to see your note when I logged on tonight. So glad to hear you are going to continue to blog! I think that there are many of us out here who want to live more providently, and any tips and tricks we can share with each other is a helping hand in that endeavor. I have a busy career as a nurse manager, and a busy home life as a wife, and a Mom. I think I can speak for many women who are balancing careers and home lives in saying that your blog accomplishes the provident approach to homemaking that we are all looking for by providing ideas for healthful, homemade, creative and fun ways to cook and live well. I am a firm believer that every woman needs other women in her life, to share knowledge and skills and keep alive the womanly art of home-making! I think your blog contributes beautifully to that tradition. So, I will look forward to reading your new entries whenever you get the chance to post! Thanks so much
Stacy