Sunday, October 25, 2009

Pumpkins, Pumpkins, Pumpkins!!!

This weekend I made a little Homemade Pumpkin Puree with some small pumpkins from my Dad’s garden. Apparently, compared to the canned version, it is well worth the effort. We shall see…I will report back.

If you are interested in making some for yourself, check out the Pioneer Woman’s tutorial HERE.

I also decided to roast the pumpkin seeds…I was feeling very non-wasteful. It had been FOREVER since I had done that and Oh, what treat!

IMG_3609

You just pull out all of the seeds and wash the orange goopy stuff off.

IMG_3611

  • Lay them out on a cookie sheet
  • Pour 1-2 Tablespoons Olive Oil over them
  • Using your hands, make sure the seeds are nice and covered
  • Sprinkle a little salt or seasoning of your choice
  • Then put them in a 325 degree oven for around 25 minutes.(check on them every 10 minutes or so to make sure they are baking nice and evenly.)

IMG_3613

When you are done, you have some nice crispy seeds.

IMG_3615

As you notice, my seeds are not terribly brown. That is because they were roasted at a low temperature, not toasted at a high temperature.

If you want yours nice and brown…bake them at 400 degrees for about 10-15 minutes.

IMG_3617

Want another pumpkin idea? How about making your pumpkin into a chalkboard…

IMG_3618

…or making it a nice metallic shade?

Hit the spray paint aisle and let your imagination go wild!

P.S. You might notice a few changes in this blog in the next little while. I will still be posting my own rantings and ravings, but I will also be posting the talents of others I see in the blogging world. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Jordyn Perkins said...

I LOVE your pumpkin decorating ideas! I need to get myself a few pumpkins! And that is a fun idea on how to use the seeds, are they really tastey then? I will assume so. I'm not big on sunflower seeds, but there are some cookies I love that have pumpkin seeds in them, so I think I'll give it a shot! :) THANKS!