Sunday, October 18, 2009

This last week was all about apples at our house. We received about 30 lbs. from an aunt and then 10 lbs. from a neighbor, so my brain been on overload trying to figure out how to use them. I thought about canning them, but I am getting a little burnt out, so I tried to come up with other ways I could use them.

One family favorite was this...Apple Tart!


It was insanely easy and wonderfully delicious, so a win/win for me.



It has very few ingredients...

Apples
Puff Pastry (found in the freezer section by the pie crusts)
Brown Sugar
Lemon Juice
Salt
Powdered Sugar

And that is it! Here is all you have to do.

  1. Core your 3 to 4 apples and slice as thinly as you can (unless you are me and have an apple corer/peeler, then just use the apples at the thickness the contraption does it :)!)
  2. Put the apples in a bowl and squeeze a half of a lemon's worth of juice.
  3. Stir in 1 cup of brown sugar and stir around.
  4. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt to bring out all of the flavors.
  5. Let sit for a little while until the sugar turns into a tasty liquid.
  6. Line the apples on a thawed puffed pastry
  7. Bake at 415 degrees from 18-20 minutes.

For detailed instructions (with pictures), click HERE to see the "Pioneer Woman" at work.

1 comment:

Marianne said...

Nice work on the tart! That looks delicious!! The Pioneer Woman has got nothing on you!