Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Food Storage Planner #1

As I stated before, there are many food storage planners out there. I cannot cover them all, but I hope to give you an idea of what is out there so you can find a planner that best meets your needs. I will begin with one of the most extensive planners I have found and will finish with the most simplistic.

If you are someone who wants to have a storage of food, but want someone else to do all the organizing for you (including remind you when your stored food is going to expire), take a look at trackmyfoodstorage.com . They are an online planner and feature two versions for you to choose from. The first is a BASIC version that is FREE and a PREMIUM version for a YEARLY FEE. The BASIC version includes an inventory manager to track your food supply as well as an easy set-up for your food storage goals. It also includes a recipe box (for you to store all of your favorite recipes) and has the ability to print your reports in a PDF format. The PREMIUM version offers the features of the BASIC version as well as, food storage analysis, rotation helper, alerts and reminders (custom set up by you and sent to your inbox) and shopping coupons.

This is one of the most comprehensive planners I have seen and the alert and notification feature is great! The basic version is very simple and is a great way to start, so if you are just starting out, I would take a look at what they have to offer. The only downside to this planner (the premium version) is the yearly cost. It is not too expensive, $14.99 a year or $39.99 for three years, but you do have be pay it each year, that can add up. If you are interested in learning more about this planner, click HERE.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I just signed up for the free version...and I think I like it. I may not be able to do all that I want without upgrading to premium, but this will at least get me started. At least it got me to go take an inventory of my food storage!