Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Food Storage Planner #2

Another option is a software program called...Food Storage Planner. Very straight forward. I have downloaded the "demo" they offer (which produces numbers that are EXTREMELY wrong), but it does give you an idea of how the program works.
Positive things...
  • it allows you to account for individuals that eat more or less than normal (to help you truly store the right amount of food)
  • it allows you to set up how many months of food storage you want to acquire and the time in which you want to get it.
  • it also lists a variety of items (1000 of them) you should consider storing and whether or not those things are "survival" , "standard" or "luxury" needs.
  • if you are a visual person, it also shows you a pie chart of your progress which can be encouraging if you start to feel overwhelmed.
  • Check out the features page to get a comprehensive list.

Negative things...

  • Price. If you were to just go and buy a single copy it would cost you $39.95. That is a one time cost, but if they upgrade the service, there is a fee of $20 to get the new version. One way around the highest price is to get more people to buy at the same time. They do offer group discounts and the cost can go as low as $17.00 if you have 50+ people.

I will be honest, this planner intrigues me. I have another planner that I love (we will be talking about that tomorrow), but I would be interested in a group order on this ( I am a little obsessive about planning and organization), so if you live near me and are interested, let me know. Also, if you or someone you know has used this planner, please leave a comment and how you/they liked it.

If you would like to go to the Food Storage Planner website, click HERE.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Jac - thank you thank you thank you for all the work you are doing with this blog. With all of the information out that knowing that I can get it from someone who I know, love and trust makes all the difference! Your testimony of the importance of this has strengthened mine so keep up the good work! I am a big fan! love-Andrea