Thursday, July 9, 2009

Whole Wheat Pizza Dough

So, we have talked about Whole Wheat Bread and Cinnamon Rolls. Why not add another to the mix...Whole Wheat Pizza Dough! The best thing about this dough is it is just 1/6 of the Foolproof Bread Dough. So in one fell swoop you can whip out 2 loaves of bread, 1 batch of cinnamon rolls and a pizza! I did this last night and it was great! I had the main dish and dessert whipped out, just added a salad and Voila! I full and healthy meal with minimal effort.
To get the bread recipe, click HERE.

To make...
  • Prepare your dough according to the bread recipe
  • Roll out to desired shape
  • Cover with toppings
  • Bake in a 475 degree oven for 10 minutes or until crust is golden brown.


The other great thing about making your own pizza is that it is easy to store all ingredients. The crust has food storage written all over it, as does commercially bottled pizza sauce (although I am sure you could make your own and can it), cheese, meat, and veggies such as peppers and onions can easily be frozen, and you can store and use canned mushrooms and olives. The possiblities are endless. Who knew eating food storage could be so tasty!

4 comments:

Marianne said...

YUM. That pizza looks so tasty! So do you cook the pizza crust by itself and then add the toppings? What do you cook it on and for how long?

Jac said...

I knew there was something missing! Thanks for the heads up...I put all of the info up on the blog!! I feel like pizza tonight!

Church Fam said...

yummmm!

Suzanne said...

Okay, that looks so good! I need to start stocking up on pizza toppings. Tasty and healthy...I love it!!