Tuesday, September 1, 2009

It's Quiz Time

With all of our talk of gardens and gardening, I thought it appropriate to have ourselves a little quiz. So here it is...
What is the name of this scrumptious vegetable?
(here is a hint: they are kind of small, about 5 inches in diameter, and grow on a vine)
As a reward for your intelligence, the first two people to correctly identify this veggie will receive in the mail a lovely package of seeds so that they too can grow some of these next year. They will change your life. Trust me.
P.S.- if we share the same bloodline (that means you sisters) there will be no entering for you...that would be cheating...unless of course no one else enters, then you can. Love ya!

6 comments:

Blue said...

i have no idea what those are. i can't tell from this photo if they're huge like cantelopes, big like oranges or smallish like kiwi's. but i'd guess some kind of pumpkin or squash.

maybe it's a "Colsh"...which is the Word Verification word i'm supposed to type to submit this comment. I think it is, in fact! a Hint From The Universe! It's a Colsh, isn't it?!!??! and the Colsh is going to change my world. I'm excited.

Suzanne said...

I'm watching these comments...if no one gets it, I'm going to enter!

I like the Colsh idea, though...

Church Fam said...

Where is my hint? I really have no idea. It's looks like a cross between a pumking and tomato. Maybe I will do a little research and get back to you.

Jordyn Perkins said...

Ok, is it a round yellow cucumber? Also called Lemon cucumber? I am going to keep researching... but it's the closest thing I've come to!

Danielle&Lincoln said...

cucumber!!!!!!!

Suzanne said...

Okay, I've been watching the comments, and I just have to leave my own because it's near the end of the day and this is my favorite vegetable ever! It's been guessed once...almost twice...but those are lemon cucumbers! Different (and much more tasty, in my opinion) than a regular cucumber. I love them!!