Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Little Peach Pie!

I have been swimming in peaches as of late and was in need of a quick and easy dish to use up the last of my stash. Luckily for me I just happened to have an already prepared pie crust (the ones in the box in the refrigerator section).

Although I must explain…in the past I have shunned away from buying premade crusts…I always figured they would be too heavy and not flaky (I am now repenting), but I bought one for another recipe and then realized I had purchased the wrong thing…so what am I going to do with it? Make a VERY easy peach pie of course!

So,

  • I mixed all of my ingredients together…peaches, lemon juice, sugar, flour, and cinnamon. And put it into the prepared pie crust.
  • I then cubed 2 Tablespoons of butter and placed those on the top.
  • I then sealed the top crust with the bottom crust and with a knife cut off the excess.
  • Then, with a fork I made pretty designs on the crust.
  • Next, cut several slits in the top for venting.
  • Last of all I covered the edges with aluminum foil, so the crust wouldn’t burn.

IMG_3346

I baked it for 45 minutes at 425 degrees.

IMG_3347

And guess what the result was? A VERY tasty, VERY flaky Peach Pie. Who would have thunk!

IMG_3354

We paired it up with a bit of vanilla ice cream and it was a hit!

IMG_3356

Every bite!!

So, the next time you need to make a dessert and you just want something easy and delicious, or you want everyone to think you are the best baker on the planet. Make this…you will be glad you did!!

Fresh Peach Pie (9-inch)

betty crocker cookbook

5 cups sliced fresh peaches

1 teaspoon lemon juice

1 cup sugar

1/4 cup all-purpose flour

1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

2 Tablespoons butter

Heat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare pastry. Mix peaches and lemon juice. Stir together sugar, flour, and cinnamon; mix with peaches. Turn into pastry lined pie pan; dot with butter. Cover with top crust which has slits cut in it; seal and flute. Cover edge with 2 to 3 inch strip of aluminum foil to prevent excess browning; remove foil last 15 minutes of baking.

Bake pie for 35-45 minutes or until crust is brown and juice begins to bubble through slits.

*If you want to use canned peaches:

  • substitute 2 cans (1 lb. 13 oz.) sliced peaches, drained for the fresh peaches and decrease the sugar to 1/2 cup.

2 comments:

Blue said...

and i didn't get invited over for a "quality control test"?! honestly, to put E's momma in jeopardy...what if there had been some fatal thing in it and you had eaten it, then what?

next time, you need to avail yourself of my free services in this arena jackie. you've got my #. ♥

Stacy said...

I just wanted to tell you to please, please, please continue with this blog! I just found it and it is amazing!!!! I am going through all your archives, and have tried a few things already. I find your recipes and ideas amazing- and the way you present it all is so easy and step by step. You are also passionate about what you are doing and seem to really enjoy sharing these great ideas. I feel like that joy is being passed from you into my home. So thank you!!! I have become a faithful fan!