Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Comments from others...

"Although my life experiences compelled me to change the way I shopped, I had no idea how much I could save and how much fun the process would be. There are some great tools out there to really help lower the food budget and keep things "normal" at the same time!"

"I have always tried to be a bargain shopper. I buy generic brands when I can, I buy what is on sale, and I take advantage of case lot sales. I would go through phases of coupon-cutting, but I rarely remembered to bring them to the store. I've never really had a food budget, but I always felt like I was getting the best deals I could. I was wrong!!! I hate grocery shopping. It truly has been one of my least favorite things to do. But I have been amazed at how my attitude towards it has changed since I really started getting good deals. Now I get excited for the grocery ads to come in the mail, just to see what great deals are out there this week! I am still in the beginner's phase when it comes to utilizing Grocery Smarts and coupons, but let me share a few of my proud shopping moments...I recently went to Albertson's and bought $69 worth of groceries, saved $65 and got a free $15 worth of groceries on my next trip. In that trip I was able to double some coupons and got a Hostess 100-Calorie Pack (regularly $3.99) for $1. Isn't that awesome?!? Last night I went back to Albertson's to use that $15 coupon and bought two gallons of milk, a dozen eggs, two loaves of bread, and two boxes of All-Bran cereal (very expensive at $4.99 a box) for a total of $4.31! The highlight of my week last week was "Moonlight Madness" at Dan's. I got 15 pounds of ground beef for just over $19. FIFTEEN POUNDS FOR NINETEEN DOLLARS!! I also got 10 boxes of good cereal (Golden Grahams and Honey Nut Chex) for $15. You know things have changed when I get excited to spend Friday night at the grocery store with my sisters! It is truly amazing to me that while I've been saving all this money, my cupboards, freezer and food storage room are now packed! Taking the time to cut coupons, use Grocery Smarts, and plan my shopping with the grocery ads has been more than worth it. I can't wait to see how much I'll save (and get!) next month!! "

"I have always been more of a saver than a spender. I just don't like spending money. Which means that I don't like shopping, even for groceries. Which also means that I hardly ever cook. However, my perspective has totally changed these past few weeks. Your introduction to Grocery Smarts and the coupon websites has transformed me! I actually get really excited when my paper comes on Sunday and I can checkout the coupons. Then I get even more excited when my mail comes on Tuesday and I can see what sales my grocery stores are doing. Not only am I cooking dinner regularly (which my family loves), but I am totally saving money while I'm doing it! Knowing what's on sale and having coupons has helped me buy things for so cheap! The first week that I tried out the system, I spent $19.36 and saved $25.74! I was thrilled! Then I bought 14 pounds of ground beef for$18!! And of course, I used the Reynolds Handi Vac to help me store all of that meat! It's so nice to know that my meat will stay fresh in my freezer. Plus, I can't wait to get my new wheat grinder. I have been wanting to get one, but I didn't want to spend a fortune and I didn't know which kind to get. I am so excited about the VitalMill! It will help me actually use my food storage in my everyday life! It feels good to be so excited about things that we have been advised to do for so long, and now with the financial world the way that it is, it seems even more necessary. It doesn't feel quite so overwhelming now! Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

No comments: