Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Cinnamon Rolls!! YUM!

I hosted a couple of wheat bread cooking classes in my home yesterday and it was great fun. We talked a lot about the values of wheat, pros and cons of current wheat grinders on the market and other fun tips. The highlight of the class (at least in my opinion) were the tasting Cinnamon Rolls we finished off with. The fancy thing about these Cinnamon Rolls is they are just made out the "Foolproof Bread" recipe and could not be more simple!! If you do not use the Foolproof recipe, I bet you can make these with whatever whole wheat bread recipe you use. If you would like the Foolproof Bread recipe, click HERE.

After you make that...the Cinnamon Roll recipe is as follows!

Cinnamon Rolls (makes 1 dozen)
1/3 FOOLPROOF BREAD RECIPE (I usually make two/three loaves of bread and one pan cinnamon rolls.)
Roll into rectangle 3/4 inch thick. Sprinkle brown sugar, cinnamon, and any other topping you would like (I just do brown sugar and a generous sprinkling of cinnamon). Roll as a jelly roll. Cut 3/4 thick. Place in 1/2 size bun pan covered in parchment paper (I use a jelly roll pan). Let rise until almost double in bulk. When raised bake in 375 degree oven for 15 minutes. Ice and remove from pan while still warm.

FROSTING:
2 C powdered sugar
1/4 C soft butter
2 TB water
1tsp vanilla

7 comments:

Marianne said...

Yummy!! How long do they usually take to rise? I WILL make these...promise!!

superhey said...

You guy have to try this. My wife puts a cream cheese glaze on her rolls like the famous cinnabon.

Beat together the following ingredients: 1 (3 oz) package cream cheese, 1/4 cup softened butter, 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar, 1/2 cup white sugar and 1/8 teaspoon salt.

Spread this on a warm roll and there is no better place.

superhey said...

Ammend my previous comment.

Sorry, I wrote the ingredients wrong. Replace the 1/2 cup white sugar with 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.

Jac said...

Marianne-I usually get my bread ready to go and rising and then I start on my Cinnanmon Rolls. I make them and let them rise until my other bread is risen and cooked...it probably ends up being about 45 minutes or so. Then, when the bread comes out I put the rolls in and VIOLA! Tasty stuff! P.S. Thanks Coop for the cream cheese recipe!

Blue said...

they were so tasty jac! it was all the self-control i could muster to not stop by a little later when i knew batch #2 would have been done for another round of samples.

thanks for the fabulous class, great information, fun demonstration and generous gift of your time and talents. you're very inspiring. if i weren't in new york right now, i'd be trying out the recipe today. something to look forward to. ♥

Suzanne said...

Oh my, they were so fabulous! Heavenly might be a better word! I seriously haven't been able to stop thinking about them! I can't wait to try them out on my own...hopefully I won't mess them up too bad! Thanks so much for the class...it was awesome!

Heather said...

Jac! Thanks for sharing this AWESOME recipe, I needed to make bread today AND my son is home sick today...the cinnamon rolls were a sweet way to let him know I love him AND I got my bread made! I LOVE IT!! THESE TRULY ROCK!! I have a new favorite treat, and they are SO EASY!!
You are amazing!! I love this blog! You are inspiring me to get in gear!! XOXOXO THANK YOU DARLIN'!