Thursday, May 14, 2009

Seed Sale

With the weather warming, the window for planting lettuce, spinach, arugula, radishes, etc. is closing (until late summer), but there are still so many things you can plant...

Squash, Tomatoes, Beans, Peppers, Cucumbers, Pumpkins, Onions, etc. And whereas I like to transplant Tomatoes and Peppers already in their "plant" form, I have just within the last few days, planted the rest of my produce from seed.

The good news is, Smith's has ALL of their seeds on sale for 50% off until Saturday. I went and stocked up on a few last minute seeds today...namely, cucumbers and grabbed a few packs of lettuce, spinach and arugula that I will plant again come September. You also might want to consider getting some seed packs to store for a rainy day. Seeds stored in your freezer can last anywhere from 10-15 years.

That is peace of mind.

No comments: