Thursday, April 9, 2009

Hints for using Powdered Milk


Growing up my Mom would try and trick me by putting powdered milk in the store bought milk carton. Did anyone else have that experience? I was unfortunately a milk snob...still am, and I ALWAYS called my Mom out on her trickery. Since then, I have had to pull the same tricks on my own kids. Luckily for me, I have learned a few tricks which have saved me lots of grief.

To make powdered milk that is truly consumable (even my husband will drink this) try this..

  • Mix the milk the night before you use it.

  • Try adding 1 1/2 t. sugar or 1 t. vanilla to enhance the flavor.

  • Be sure the milk is well chilled.
Even if you don't want to go cold turkey, try adding a little powdered milk to your store bought milk...it will just make last longer!
image courtesy of hillbillyhousewife.com

No comments: