Monday, April 20, 2009

Make It Personal

I was talking with my husband yesterday about an Elders Quorum activity he was trying to put together that centered around Family History. He said the purpose of the activity was to provide a way for those that attend to come to know just one of their ancestors...to learn a bit more about them...to make Family History personal.

When he said that, something clicked. I realized the effect "personalizing" has on things that are hard. I think it gives us motivation.

For me, storing food has always been personal. Food Storage played a very significant role in my family after my father passed away. It is still personal. I think that is what motivates me to keep going.

What personalizes food storage for me may be very different than what personalizes it for you. Most of the time I think it starts with just a desire...a desire to be obedient, a desire to be self sufficient. Take some time today to just think of ways to make storing food personal...it may just make all of the difference. :)!

No comments: