Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Thirst Quencher

It doesn't take me long to feel slightly panicked when I think about not having access to water. I drink A LOT of water! I carry around a mug I was given at the hospital after having my children and just refill it all day long. I usually know it is time to have another kid when my mug breaks...but that is a story for another day.
I usually buy a flat of water every time I go to Costco and every year or so will buy or seriously consider buying a new water container (sometimes big, sometimes small). It gives me peace of mind.

The one great thing about storing water is that it is CHEAP, CHEAP, CHEAP! Bottled water doesn't cost much, and storage containers don't really cost that much either...especially when you just recycle your soda pop or juice containers. Click HERE for tips on how to clean your bottles.

The other nice thing about water storage is that it can handle severe temperature fluctuations...it doesn't always have to be in a cool place. So you can store some of your water in the garage or other areas of your home that may be subject to heat. It is actually a good idea to store water in various places in your home so that if one area was inaccessible for any reason, you would always have access to water.

Want additional info?




image courtesy of Kidipede

1 comment:

Jodi Nelson said...

the hospital mug... i totally use it too :) love it, love it. brandon has one from his femur-break visit but he calls his the "sick mug."